I'm turning 40 in 26 days, and I have been doing some thinking about all I have done in my 40 years. I know so many people who were upset at turning 40. But, I'm not! I'm happy to be where I am. These are some of the things I've done in my 40 years on this Earth:
1. Ran a marathon
2. Signed up to run another marathon!
3. Thinking about a 3rd marathon already!
4. I have been to the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas and of course the US.
5 I have been to the following states (west to east): Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, and Utah (OK, only the airportin Utah, but I was still there)
6. I met Bill Clinton when he was president.
7. I got my Master's degree
8. I have seen the Grateful Dead 35 times
9. I was runner up for Sigma Xi teacher of the year in 1998
10. I have been a member of People To People ambassador prorams
11. I have been to Disney World
12. I have been in 4 Earthquakes, LIVING IN OHIO!
13. I have been a coach on a YMCA national championship swim team.
14. I can play the flute, clarinet, saxophone, and percussion instruments.
15. I gave birth to a preemie and have successfully gotten him to age 4 so far!
16. I have bought three houses, and sold two of them.
17. I had a pond installed in my back yard.
18 I have a pic with myself, my husband and OJ Simpson (OK, my husband's really proud of that, not me).
19. I have been on TV and in the newspaper represnting the school where I work
OK, I'm sure there's more to add to that list. So, should I be upset about turning 40? Of course not - It took me 40 years to do all of that stuff, just think what I can write about when I turn 80 (and I WILL turn 80 someday - in 40 years hahaha)