I have never been one to make lists or set goals because I think I was afraid of failing...and if I didn't set that goal, then in my mind, I would never fail...wow was I ever wrong, and recently have learned so much about setting goals, and in fact set some realistic goals for November.. I love this goal setting because it has made my life easier not more difficult.. I simply look at my goals I have set before me and that is what I do, and then one thing leads to another...Now I am just learning so I am taking baby steps here, but one thing I have learned is that you never get too old to learn something new.. These are the November goals I had set for myself..
1. Lose 3 lbs. - I will weigh in next Tuesday on the 18th of Nov.
2. Track my food daily - I have done this with the exception of 2 days..and have found that on those days that I didn't , I had no clue of how many calories I had eat,so if I want to reach my ultimate goal, then I have to keep track..
3. Finish Christmas Calendars - I have 4 out of 7 ready to be bound...only 3 left to go..
4. Start writing Christmas cards - this one I have not started yet..
5. Yoga relaxation - 3 x week, 20 minutes each - sadly I have not done this, but am going to start today to put myself first because I need this one to keep me going..
6. Complete one sewing project for Christmas present. - I have already completed 2 projects which are Christmas presents.
7. Contact 3 friends that I have not heard from for a while and spend some phone time with them. - I have contact one of them and enjoyed talking with them so very much..
So as I look at how I have done, I am seeing that it is so easy for me to for others and where I slack off is doing for myself.. So this is something I have to change because if I don't take care of "me", then I am not going to be able to help others for very long...so "me" is going to become a priority in this area for the remainder of the month.. Like I said, I am just learning this, and if you have not sit down long enough to make some goals and write them down so you can actually see them, I challenge you to do that before the end of this year...
“Having a simple clearly defined goal can capture the imagination and inspire passion. It can cut through the fog like a beacon in the night.”
Have a great week...
Hugs and Prayers,