2009 & Age 60, What am I doing to myself?
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
If you look at my last blog, I was at 134.5 and now I am at 141.5. YUK!
I think I will go on the South Beach diet again, it is a good motivator, since I can usually lose a few pounds quickly.
How did I get myself up to 141.5, you may ask, because I am?
Well, it is like this..
1. I quit the gym with the intent of joining a new one; which has not happened.
2. I am not getting any exercise now, I don't even go for walks.
3. I am a mindless muncher and have been munching on everything around.
4. I have not been tracking
5. I have been only doing mouth service to Spark People; I have not been using the tools.
6. I have slipped back into old eating habits (oh, I already said that, mindless munching)
7. I am not drinking enough water
8. I have lost sight of my goals
Ok, is that enough? But, you get the picture. I need to turn this around. I was at a low of 127, now I don't have to be at 127. But, I sure want to be closer to 130. My pants are getting tight.
I don't have to lay down to zip the jeans yet, but close.
So, what am I going to do about this?
1. Plan ahead
2. Track food
3. Get back to gym (when is the real question here?)
4. Get some exercise, take a walk
5. Focus on the goal, look at those jeans and remember how nice it was not to struggle into them.
6. Drink my water
7. Eliminate all junk food
8. Use Spark People; write a blog daily.
Ok, if I do all of the above there is no reason for me, being a very healthy 60 year old should not be back to 130 by spring and looking great as the next swim suit season approaches.
Go for it girl!!