SP Premium
150,000-199,999 SparkPoints 196,159

What a Great Sunday

Monday, May 22, 2006

Yesterday started out a bit rainy and windy but I kept an eye on the radar and the forecast and knew it was supposed to get better. I putzed on the computer early to get that out of my system for the day then I sat down and started working on cutting up veggies and making my veggie bags, salads, and fruit cups for the upcoming week. I actually ended up making 2 weeks worth so next weekend, other than fruit cups, I don't have any prep work to do (WOO HOO!). The problem I ran into though was that I looked at the bottom of the fridge and it was pretty dirty, as were the crisper drawers so I took those out and started to clean them. DD wanted to help and she did a pretty good job in cleaning the bottom of the fridge. To make a long story short 2.5 hours later I have 2 weeks worth of veggie bags, 10 salads (with baby spinach, tomatoes, cucmbers, olives, peas, bell peppers and garbonzo beans - yummy) and 5 fruit salads (got those strawberries at Meijer cheap!), I had taken everything out of the fridge and cleaned the interior top to bottom as well as all the drawers and shelves.

At this point I went and cleaned the kitchen and at 2:00 I was done with my "chores" inside the house (except for laundry) so dd and I went for a walk. We walked 1 mile and stopped at a house down the street from mine that was having an open house. If I could plop that house on my lot I'd be thrilled. Great house - 2400 sq ft. - very nice.

I then started on the outdoors and got so much done - I was ecstatic! I raked up the grass clippings that were lying around. I did the counter-clockwise mowing thing so that I kept mowing over the clippings and ended up with just a few piles. I trimmed all around. I mulched the pond area because with all the rain I've had lots of runoff of the lovely clay we have here and the pond was getting murky from it. Mulch will help with the runoff. I also cleaned the filter - the water quality has been poor this year, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it.

After that I headed over to the side of the house where I had started on the one flowerbed and finished widening it by a foot. I planted more beet seeds as well as some radishes by request of my friends :) My neighbor came over (she's a stay-at-home with 3 kids, studying to be a pediatric nurse) and she gave me a bunch of blue bearded irises that I ended up splitting and planting along the side of the house and down by the pond. I finished up my gardening by mulching the flowerbed along the side of the house and one behind the house. That's a total of 9 bags of mulch put down in one day (3 cu ft bags too - heavy suckers).

I covered my plants and headed in the house at 8 pm. I counted it all as 4.5 hours of gardening since sometimes it was very strenuous and others it wasn't. Including the 1 mile walk with dd I got in a total of 1275 yesterday so that brings me up to 21,572.3 calories burned, 6,427.7 left to go out of 28,000 and 77% complete.

DD was asleep by 7 pm on the couch - and she stayed asleep the whole night. I got to fold 2 loads of laundry while watching the Sopranos and I was out by 10:45 pm, up at 5:55, so a little over 7 hours of sleep. Not too terribly bad of a day.

The fatigue that plagued me on Saturday was obviously gone - I'm so glad - it was rather troubling to feel so weak.

It's off to the Y tonight for a round of body sculpting with Bobbie in the Rep Reebok class (need to up my weight for squats and lunges) then some time on the elliptical and then home to do it all over again. :)

OH, yeah - getting my nails done over lunch - better head to the mall.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post

    Be the First to Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.