It never ceases to amaze me...
Sunday, June 07, 2009
...how much I have taken control of my life with the help of SparkPeople. I keep waiting for my bubble to burst but I know deep down that this is for real. I have made the following steps toward amking a true lifestyle change:
1) CHANGE OF EATING HABITS: By using the Spark nutrition tracker, I am able to see how I am eating during the day and make adjustments accordingly. I use the close-out tool to see how I ate and if I am over or under in something woodwise.
2) DRAMATIC CHANGE IN MY FITNESS ACTIVITY: I use the fitness tracker to schedule my week with cardio and strengthening. My absolute favorite tool is the Fitness Mapping and use it for guaging my distance, time and calories burned. I am starting to really use my Bender ball and resitance bands. I also have ab awesome treadmill and I like to watch TV programs on hulu.com while treadmilling.
3) DRASTIC CUT IN ALCOHOL: From having way too many beers in the evening, I have cut back to 4 oz. white wine. I know the amount I was consuming was robbing me of getting the real nutrition I need. The most important one to me is I have not binged in over 2 weeks and it feels so normal now.
4) HUGE CHANGE IN ME: I am on top of the world and I love it up here. I am no longer taking my antianxiety med and hoping that I can eventually get rid of the Lipitor. The only way I can do that is keep doing my Spark thing. I have also discovered that I love helping people. When I read a post of blog entry from a fellow Sparker and they are "hurting" because they are so frustrated with their own Spark journey, I want to help them because I know that feeling and have been in those shoes so many times. I thoroughly love helping them through their funk.
5) LEARNING TO STOP NEGATIVE SELF-TALK: OMG! This is THE most difficult habit to get rid of but I am working hard trying to stop. Lets just call it a work in pregress.
I am accomplishing these things because I am not putting pressure on myself to "get skinny" by a certain event such as a trip like I have done so many times in the past. Now, before a trip or event comes up I will better myself by doing it NOW so that I am ready for anything.
SparkPeople.com...have I told you lately that I love you?