I realized that the biggest part of my adult life has been devoted to taking care of those around me ( as most of us do) the husband, kids, friends, other family members, and for the last several years I have owned a home childcare so I take care of my little guys 11 hours a day 5 days a week, and through those years I have had many of my daycare parents go through nasty divorces SO I have dealt with them too. But I do not have regrets about any of this because this is who I am...... a giver, listener, friend, mom, sister, daughter, wife. So now I need to also become a individual who takes care of me as well, I know that so many of us and yes I am going to say it WOMEN do tend to lose ourselves along the way in life because we busy ourselves with the care of those around us first.
Well at 48 I am beginning the journey to "Finding My Way Back to Me" how funny that sounds to me even a bit dramatic But all to true. Here are some of the things I have learned through my time here at SparkPeople (but not all by any means)......................
1. Support is a MUST !!! I found that here
2. Tracking my food intake & drinking lots of water......VERY Important
3. Having Self Respect & Self - Worth.... we need these
4. Journaling is Important write what you are feeling what you ate how your day has gone.
5. Compliment yourself in your journal even the smallest things are important
6. Use ALL the tools that are available here to help, ask questions if I don't have the answer
7. QuickFire my day EVERYDAY !!!!!
8. Tell myself every morning this is the day that will change my life. (and it has)
9. MOVE as much as possible through out the day 5 min here 10 min there it ALL adds up !!!
10. Know that at the end of the day I am worth the effort of self improvement !!!!!!!
WE ARE ALL WORTH OUR OWN TIME AND EFFORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE ALL MY SPARK FRIENDS!! Thanks so much guys