LIC BLC Week1 - Review
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Ok so its actually ½ way through week 2, but I’m lazy,
Our challenges for week 1 were:
- Weigh in and take your measurements (neck, chest, mid section, hips, thigh and arm). Sometimes when you are not losing pounds...you will be losing inches.
Starting Weight: 249.0 lbs. (Ouch! didn't think I'd been bad lately)
Mid Sec. 47"
- Take a starting photo (so you have something for comparison in 10 weeks).
I have one, you don’t want to see it.. yet anyway. Maybe I’ll post it when I get home.. maybe I won’t.
- Write the top ten reasons for doing this challenge. Post it somewhere on your sparkpage so you can look at it often OR put it in your sparkjournal.
1. To lose weight (obviously)
2. To feel better
3. To have more options with clothes (The running room clinic shirts in XXL only come in Orange.. ORANGE?!?!)
4. To get some confidence – Not regain it, or to fix it.. to get some.. I’m not sure I’ve ever really had any
5. To get stronger
6. To get out more (When you feel like crap, you don't feel like going out!)
7. To be more attractive
8. To be able to do all the things I’ve watched people do (Sports etc)
9. To fit comfortably in airplane/stadium seats (Ok, I’m not that big.. but it still ain’t comfy at all)
10. To not be a statistic and maybe someday have a normal-ish BMI (sh!t, I’d be ok with “overweight”)
- Focus on getting your water intake to the minimum 8 glasses/day.
Never a problem :)
- Pick a non weight related issue to add to your challenge. It should be something that will make you feel better and be healthier. Such as decluttering, flossing, getting more me time, etc. Share with the group and we can keep this as and on going challenge. This can change as time goes on too.
No more MMO’s (FFXI), time to sign out and get outside or at least out and around people. (As of 10/28/09, now 6 days online gaming free!)