2010 ~ Happy New Year!
Sorry this is a little past the 4th (my usual monthly blog date)!!!
I’ve always been a person who sets goals as that has been engrained in my life after being in sales for over 20 years.….but I’ve never really been much for New Year’s Resolutions …are they one in the same?
Some people might think so, but I always thought of New Year’s Resolutions as being very vague….I’m going to lose weight, I’m going to work harder, I’m going to be happier, etc……there are no specifics of how we plan to achieve these resolutions. One example is at my gym. This will be my third January and the last two it was very crowded for the first two weeks and then after that it was back to normal. So what happened? I think it is simply a New Year’s Resolution to get fit without a plan….buy a gym membership or start using the one they have; workout for a week and ouch…get sore muscles and quit…..
So this year I’m going to set some specific goals instead of making New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Keep logging my food everyday on Spark (this has been my secret to success for 1-1/2 years)
2. Keep my calories to 1300 to 1400 calories per day
3. Win my company trip to Miami (It will be in September)
4. Achieve a weight of 115 lbs by the end of next August (so I look good on my company trip!)
a. That will be an average of 2 lbs per month
5. Lower my body fat to 25% (I’m at 31% right now) by doing Strength Training a minimum of 3 times per week with a goal of 4 times
6. Do cardio 5 to 6 days a week for 60 minutes per day
7. Run 3 Half Marathons
a. Surf City – Feb 7th (Will be my first!)
b. San Francisco – July 25th
c. Long Beach – October 17th
8. Run a 5k or 10k race at least once a month
With the tools and camaraderie on this site I have every intention of making my goals in 2010…..SparkPeople is the best tool around...all of you are amazing….but as with any tool you have to use it….the gym is a great tool too, but if you don’t go and put forth the effort the fat will not magically melt off…There is no magic pill (wouldn’t that be nice:-) …it is hard work, but I can honestly say it is worth the effort…I have never felt so fulfilled as what I have accomplished this year. Not only the weight loss, but being an inspiration to so many of my Spark Friends…the heartfelt comments and kudos has helped me achieve one goal that has eluded me all my life….keeping the weight off!!!
Happy 2010 everybody….may it bring Health, Happiness, and Prosperity!!!
Hugs to all!