Tuesday, February 09, 2010
I finished Chapter 2 and still rereading parts of it. I am not sure what it is, but I find The Spark so motivating. I am not sure if it is the book itself or if the timing is right in my life. At any rate, what he said really made sense to me. For me, the concepts or building blocks outlined in the book are things that I knew all along, but it took someone else to point it out to me.
My long-term goals (by Jan. 1, 2011) are:
1. To adopt a clean eating lifestyle.
2. To be rid of my slightly pregnant tummy.
3. To be less shy and more self-confident.
My mid-term goals (by August, 2010) are:
1. To have muscle definition over my entire body.
2. To learn ways to successfully deal with stress.
My short-term (daily) goals:
1. To exercise 6 days a week.
2. To consume 8 servings of water.
3. Create Spark Streaks.
4. Tell myself something positive about myself everyday.
I also had an affirmation moment in this chapter. It didn't come right away, but after a few days had passed, and I had a chance to think about what I read. I feel that my purpose right now is to serve my family. I am homeschooling my daughter, and I feel that is where the Lord wants me right now. I am also dealing with issues involving my aging father. So far, my mom is able to deal with some things. With me being a stay-at-home mom, I am able to pick-up the things she can't do. I feel really good about my role in life and that this is where I belong. My purpose, my values and my beliefs are aligned. Yea!