Everything you wanted to know - and more!
Thursday, February 25, 2010
I saw this today hope you enjoy getting to know me better!
If you are reading this, you have the obligation of copying all these goofy questions and writing your own responses! paste these instructions in the body of your blog.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:00am. Have to get my 2nd grader ready to catch the bus for school! My "weekends" are Tue-Thu, so I don't even get to sleep in! Grrr!
2. How do you like your steak? Grilled medium rare! Sometimes in a nice homemade teriyaki marinade!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Not a big movie goer, but took my daughter and her friend to see Princess and The Frog during Christmas vacation. Very cute!
4. What is your favorite TV show? Cougar Town makes me laugh out loud!
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Pretty much anyplace warm and tropical. Actually, last week here at the coast was WONDERFUL. If I had magical powers, it would be sunny and 80 degrees year 'round with one week of snow!
6. What did you have for breakfast? Leftover half of daughter's Belgian waffle.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mexican.
8. What foods do you dislike? LIVER, Raw onions, green bell peppers. Also not a big fan of fish.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? This little dive for breakfast called Arnie's Cafe .... Haven't been there since Christmas, in favor of healthier options!
10. Favorite dressing? Ranch when I can "afford" it; Newman's Own Balsamic Vinagrette Light for every day.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? "Cranberry" Chevy Impala. Holding out for the Camaro later this year! Sweetie said he'd make the payments for me if I keep up (and maintain) the work on my weight loss!
12. What are your favorite clothes? Flannel jammie pants, tank top and slippers after work. Fancy shoes (when they don't kill my feet)!
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? I'd like to go the Carribean, New Zealand and an African safari. When I get to retirement, I'd like to road-trip it all over the US with our travel trailer. I haven't been to very many states, but we LOVE camping! I was stationed in Germany when I was in the Army, and visited 7 countries and skiied many of the Alps! I'd go back in a heartbeat!
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? Full. I am generally very happy with life.
15. Where would you want to retire? Would like my "home base" here in Oregon, but want to spend my "golden years" out seeing the world!
16. Favorite time of day? Forced to be a morning person. Nice and quiet.
17. Where were you born? Orange, California
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Baseball live. Love watching most of the winter Olympics (skiing, figure skating, snowboarding); diving, swimming and gymnastics for the summer games. I also enjoy watching my daughter (and the other girls) in dance class. I love to see their progression over the years!
19. How many siblings? Little brother Luke, 3 years younger.
20. Favorite pastime/hobby: Camping. Scrapbooking and reading (if I had the time!)
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? Spark buddies that I am still getting to know.
22. Bird watcher? Little more now that I am getting older and appreciate the differences more!
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Prefer working swing shift: only 1 supervisor (instead of 5!); more drunks and fights; less parking and dog complaints (I'm a 911 dispatcher).
24. Do you have any pets? Rosey: Part Aussie, part stupid dog; Daisy: Border Collie/LabraDORK; Dafney: rescued Basset Hound: Tigger, Silly Willy & Missy: various orange tabby cats; Scooter: long-haired (but never needs brushing) Siamese.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Reached my first 5% goal!!
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A movie star!
27. What is your best childhood memory? Camping trips with my dad; riding bikes with my dad and stepmom.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? I've "evolved" into a dog person. My cats are "leftovers" from my single, apartment days. Now I wonder what they're good for! The youngest cat is 11 years old; the oldest is 16.
29. Are you married? Greg, my spousal-equivalent of 10+ years...
30. Always wear your seat belt? Always... The Army will MAKE it a habit for you!
31. Been in a car accident? Totalled my '69 Firebird back in '95.... I LOVED that car! Note to self: Don't drive too fast for road conditions!
32. Any pet peeves? People driving UNDER the posted speed on clear, sunny days. EVERY SINGLE DAY on my way to work!
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Bad pizza: Pepperoni, olives, pineapple. GOOD pizza: Chicken Bacon Artichoke deLite from Papa Murphy's!
34. Favorite Flower? Catalyea orchid (for it's exotic look). Roses. Carnations. Lilacs. Anything that smells like a florist shop!
35. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate/vanilla twist cone from Dairy Queen. Mocha Almond Fudge otherwise. But try not to keep trigger foods around the house!
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Taco Bell. But only as a "treat" or when planned for on my nutrition tracker. And absolutely NO nacho (liquid) cheese. BAD! BAD! BAD!
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? None.
38. From whom did you get your last email? Facebook!
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Home Depot!
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Gonna try the C25k program! EEEEKKK!
41. Like your job? LOVE my job. The cops put up with a lot of crap, but they are great guys to work with!
42. Broccoli? Sure. But I prefer asparagus! Or artichokes!
43. What was your favorite vacation? LOVED being stationed in Germany, and when I was stationed in Korea, I met my dad and his girlfriend in Hawaii for 2 weeks (about 20 years ago!).
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Retirement party for a friend in the National Guard. (I retired back in September.)
45. What are you listening to right now? Good Day Oregon / Fox News.
46. What is your favorite color? PINK!!!
47. How many tattoos do you have? Currently 6. A big one planned toward the end of the year when I am close to my goal (want to have it already done for my trip to Mardi Gras - my ULTIMATE reward for when I meet or am close to my goal. Not like I can just go to Mardi Gras later in the year!)
48. How many people will fill this out? no idea...I'm hoping a few do!
49. What time did you finish this quiz? Good Day Oregon is still on... in the 8am hour!
50. Coffee Drinker? ABSOLUTELY! Black coffee every morning. SMALL non-fat caramel macchiato occassionally. Unsweetened black iced-tea as my everyday drink on nice days...