5 things that motivate me to make healthy choices
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
What motivates me? That is such a good question and one that is really important to ask and answer again and again ... it's like a checkpoint for wellness.
1. My kids - I want them to grow up seeing me make healthy choices so that they learn to do the same. I want to be a mirror for how to live.
2. My desire to be healthy - Everyday that you wait to start being healthier is a lost day. Why wait? I want to be healthy NOW.
3. My job - As a food and health writer, I am constantly talking with people about being healthy, living a healthy lifestyle, and making the right choices. It's hard to make the wrong choices when you are surrounded with people who make the right ones.
4. My appearance - I don't make a good fat person. I really don't. When I am overweight, I feel bad about myself and it carries into other areas of my life. I want to feel good about myself.
5. My clothes - I keep my pre-marriage and kids clothes where I can see them so that I have a visual to work towards. I can't wait till everything in my closet fits (about 1/2 of the stuff does now).