Cardiac Rehab and Summer Biggest Loser Challenge
Monday, May 24, 2010
Today I started cardiac rehab. It is a 3x per week 12 week program of strengthening and cardiac conditioning. I will be using treadmills, bikes, rowing machines and all kinds of strengthening machines as well as free wts. to achieve my goals. I am looking forward to it because unlike all of the various gyms or exercise programs I have done before, this one is MANDATORY to strengthen my heart and allow me to return to work.
It also just so happens that I am starting the Summer Biggest Loser Challenge and as always I am on the Purple team. This time I truly believe I can make a difference in wt. loss and exercise minutes. I am to list 5 things to stay motivated throughout the 10 week challenge so here goes.
1. I MUST exercise to get my heart back in shape.
2. I believe that with my new valve I will be BETTER than I was before as far as fitness.
3. I am motivated to exercise and diet because I am supposed to go back to work in mid July and without a job, I lose it all.
4. This would be an ideal time to lose the excess wt. I have been wanting to lose since I have to exercise anyway.
5. I am off work and now have the time to truly plan my meals and make the right food choices.
Wish me luck!