Friday, May 28, 2010
[Pros for this week:]
- I didn't miss any of my scheduled gym days. I'm very happy about this! While I've only been going three days a week, the other four days I've had dog-walking duty (total of 1.5 hours a day). I don't track the walking because I don't consider it cardio exercise for someone of my fitness level. It's really just a bonus.
- I stayed within my calorie ranges. I'm not celebrating this, though. See below.
[Cons for this week:]
- I don't know what I was thinking last Saturday (grocery day), but I did not plan ahead for lunches at all for this past week. As a result, I've stayed within my ranges but I haven't been utilizing my calories well.
- I'm not drinking enough water. One of the reasons for this is that New Jersey tap water tastes like sh!t (Profanity filters? Really, SparkPeople? Come on.) and I keep forgetting to buy water.
- I haven't been tracking all of my meals! What's the point of only tracking one or two? Get with the program, self!
[Solutions for next week:]
- I'm going to plan a grocery list specifically for lunches the way that I do for dinners. Not having access to foods that I enjoy makes me not want to eat at all, which then leads to binging.
- I need to take care of this yucky water situation permanently. It will save me a lot of trouble and save the planet a lot of plastic bottles. Can anyone recommend a good water filter that fixes to the faucet? I remember trying Brita and being dissatisfied.
- I will be more diligent with my calorie tracking and try to blog more frequently. I think interacting more with my Spark Friends make me more accountable for my behavior.
PICKING UP MY NEW BIKE TONIGHT! Starting to ride to work every (non-thunderstormy) day on Monday!