Following up on the positives
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Ok my last blog was pretty heavy on the learning curve and objective realism in my life. But on the other hand there are things i am noticing of the 6 other men who i have not yet attracted, that make me believe and hope in good men out there.
1) They respect you! In this case they are upfront, honest from the get go.
I make it a point that when i have any conversation with a man or he with me i know where we stand pretty much from the begining. I have a large base of male friendships, and mostly are married, gay, or like a mentor. To these I feel safe being me and to them I give heartfelt thanks for being such great men they are! I do know they are out there :)
2) The keep appointments, callbacks and friendships. Mainly women are equals.
3) They do not finish your sentences thoughts or oppinions or feel like they have to rescue, or fix things for you!
4) They are both independant and interdependant on their spouses and/or significant others.
5) They have a good relationship with their family and friends.
6) They believe whole heartedly in Something and are passionate about it.
7) They do not need to borrow 5 pounds/dollars for a bus/lunch (All the time!!) ect ect.... lol.
8) They offer to go out on a limb for someone, but they also respect if that person declines (like paying for a taxi cab ect.)
9) They honor and respect Heavenly Father if they are lds and have a personal relationship with Jesus.
10) They are not paranoid, or questioning your decisions and motives.
11) They trust you to make your own choices and be you. They trust you with other male friends.
12) they do their best to get on well with your family. Even if it's chalk and cheese.
13) They hold reasonable disagreements and do not attack you when you both come to an impasse about something.
14) They take initiative to be a kind and reasonable person.
15) Most of them take very good care of themselves with exercise, food and cleanliness. They arent smoking joints or sleeping in clothes 5 days old they sniffed off the carpet lol.
These are the observations I've made of womens male friends and male friends of my own that i respect and admire. Are they perfect? No way! Are they decent human beings doing their best? Yes!