Taking back 8 years in 8 months.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Well today I hit the 60 pounds lost mark and I must say I'm pretty excited. When I started on this journey, I wasn't really sure I was going to make it. I had tried so many times before and never made it past a week or two before I gave up. I didn't have faith in myself, but the one person who did is my husband. He has said all along that he knew I could do it. He has given me so much strength, help, and encouragement through this.
One thing he said to me about two months ago that has really stuck with me, " you know once u hit about the 8 month mark u are going to undo 8 years of damage".
At the time I didn't think to much of it, but now I realize he was so right.
I would still like to loose 10 more pounds but I cannot overlook the fact that in 8 months:
1. I weigh almost what I weighed when i met my husband almost 10 years ago
( i think i carry more muscle now)
2. i am wearing clothes that i had when i met my husband!
3. my waist is smaller then when i met my husband
4. i have been carrying around 60 extra pounds like almost half my body weight... now gone!
5. i am in the best shape of my life, even when i was younger, i couldn't do the things i can do now.
6. i have lost 50 inches over my body
7. i have lost 5-6 clothing sizes
So really after 8 months i am almost back to the old me, but actually a better new improved me. i would never have guessed that would have happened! I thank my wonderful husband who has supported me, loved me, and provided me with whatever i needed to help me on my journey.
So next month Sept. 21rst is our 8th wedding anniversary and the best gift I can give my husband is the wife he married new and improved. I wasn't really myself when I was heavy and now I feel like the old me again!