I figured it was time to post a "Before" blog so that I have something to look back on and compare to. I am writing everything in this post in past tense, because I have lost 4 lbs since "the beginning" a week ago, and I want to always look at this as a part of my history that I won't be going back to.
In the beginning:
* I weighed 266.5 lbs
* I had a BMI of 43, classifying me as Class III obese.
* I wore a size 26 pants, and a 3x shirt.
* I felt self-conscious of my size
* I felt like I was not pretty, or attractive
* I felt older than my years (still in my 20's)
* I couldn't wear fashionable clothing because there wasn't much in my size, and what there was didn't look good on my body type.
* I felt overlooked for jobs and such because of my size.
* People made comments about my "weird body" or "fat stomach" at social functions.
* I was overlooked at the Dr. office with pain in my chest because they said, "You are obese, and just because of that you will have pain in various parts of your body. Lose weight." They didn't even do an exam.
* I let people talk to me negatively.
* I was always behind the camera instead of in front of it.
* I didn't exercise at all
* I binge ate for emotional comfort
* I didn't play with my children as much as I would have liked because I didn't have energy.
* I felt like I could never lose the weight.
All of these things are changing as I go through this process. Every. Last. One. :)