and another start
Monday, August 23, 2010
Title pretty much says it. Starting over...again. It's okay though. I'm not disgusted or angry with myself. Life happens. Over the past few months that I've been away from Spark people (and not coincidentally away from myself) I've been dealing with things -- some good, some bad. I think I've come out stronger now though. I'm ready to make the time necessary to focus on myself, love myself. One of the primary things I've learned this year, is that no matter how hard you work to make other people happy, you will not find happiness unless you are being true to your own self. Seems like an easy enough concept, right? Yeah, I thought so too. If you asked me at any given time during my life, I'd say, "yes, of course. I know that." But to actually truly listen to yourself and make the unpopular decisions that will make only you happy...that's another beast altogether. Ultimately though, that's the only way to find peace with yourself. And in return, you are better able to be the person that your loved ones need you to be.
So that said, I'm back. I'm ready to spend less time doing things for other people and more time doing things for myself. And the first of my neglected tasks: regain control of my body which has been going slowly "soft."
My immediate goals to that objective are:
1. Track those darn calories and stop trying to pretend they don't count!!
2. Regular, consistent exercise at least 6 times a week (versus erratic spurts of good intentions which let's face it, are not getting the job done.)
3. Drink 8 glasses of water a day and keep in mind that wine does not hydrate no matter how much I want it to.
4. Strive for five. And if we're out of fruits and veggies in the house, don't use that as an excuse. Go get some!
5. Okay, I better stop here. Given my very short term attention span I need to make sure I've got those four down before I go and try to make this a dissertation. I've got kids at home who still need at least some portion of my time.
That's it friends. I am officially starting over...again. Please feel free to check in with me and keep me company.