My Contract with Myself as seen on SP
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Here’s a sample contract with a few common problems and countermeasures:
I, the Schnootie , hereby agree and commit to take the following steps to improve my accountability to myself and increase my chances for weight loss success:
I will not let one small slip-up convince me that I'm stupid, worthless, or a lost cause. I will respect myself by refusing to engage in verbal self-abuse, and I will find positive ways to comfort and support myself when I’m having a hard time. Specifically, I will…
- keep working on the 1 step back, 2 steps forward approach
- write in my journal each night before going to sleep to recap the day, and point out to myself all the things i did right.
- post on my favorite support teams each day to give and receive support.
- live by my new mottos "Water and Exercise are my secret weapons" and "Just do it".
- be in bed by 11 pm
- make time to work on my crafts
I will not sacrifice my own needs to make other people happy, or do for them what they can and should be doing for themselves. When there is a conflict between my exercise and eating plans and what other people want me to do, I will negotiate to find a reasonable solution that allows me to do what I need to do for myself.
I choose to be in charge of my own decisions and behavior. I will not talk, think, or act as if my partner, child, spouse, cravings, or subconscious made me do it. I will ask myself what’s most important to me at that moment and make my decision. If I don’t like the consequences, I will try something different the next time.
Amen to all of that. I like the contract I just made with myself. I will come to this blog often, as a reminder!