I felt really good when I wrote yesterday's blog about my "attitude adjustment." But I made some crucial errors and I feel the need to 'fess up.
Yesterday I was asked to join my coworkers for lunch and I agreed, knowing it would be the last time we will all be able to have lunch together for awhile. We went to a new burger restaurant in town. (SURELY they will have something healthy, I thought to myself. After all, this is 2011 and the obesity epidemic is on the news every night, right?)
WRONG. NOTHING BUT FRIED CHICKEN, BURGERS AND FRENCH FRIES. The ONLY -- and I mean ONLY -- lo-cal offering was a pitfully small side salad -- limp iceberg lettuce with some microscopic diced tomatoes and a bit of shredded cheese. I rounded out The Disappointment with FF dressing and a glass of water.
Then back to work for an afternoon full of meetings. No opportunity to eat.
Got home, ate the salad I had taken for lunch (which looked a h3ll of a lot better than the one I paid for). Had my attitude adjustment and did some Sparking. Then made and ate my planned dinner.
Recorded my food after dinner; not even 1000 calories.
Then I watched TV, and like an idiot watched the FOOD NETWORK!!! Started to snack, and 1000 calories later, I was stuffed and finally done!
After checking my GoWearFit I found out I broke even on calories -- I ate 2000 but I burned 2000 so it wasn't horrible, but it was definitely NOT a proud moment!
So what's the takeaway? What's the lesson? What COULD I have done differently?
* I could have said no to a restaurant I wasn't sure about.
* I could have eaten a granola bar in the afternoon (if I had thought to put one in my pocket.)
* I could have gone back to my office and eaten my packed salad after the last meeting, instead of waiting until I got home.
* I could have watched something other than the Food Network!!
* I could have eaten fruit or popcorn rather than what I did eat.
* I could have gone to bed instead of starting to snack in the first place.
So, lots of alternatives IF I had just slowed down to THINK.
I will tell you what I DID do right:
* I'm coming clean right away.
* I posted it on my Resolution/Revolution Team's "Slip Up" Discussion posting where I analyzed the slip.
* I consider it a "slip" rather than a crisis of epic proportions.
* I recorded (to the best of my ability) the calories consumed during the slip, which is DEFINITELY a new behavior for me. (like it didn't happen if I don't record it.)
* I learned that it's true; if I don't eat enough during the day I overeat at night.
So Moving Forward: I can state that I had a great day today; I've met all my goals and eaten a tangerine and an apple for my snack!!
Tomorrow will be another great day!!