SP Premium
350,000-499,999 SparkPoints 374,129

Something HUGE happened today!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The last 36 hours has been a roller coaster ride and I wanted off so badly! It all started Thursday night when I had a horrible back ache in between my shoulder blades. I did not sleep at all that night and couldn't lay still. Friday morning I call Dr. Lake (chiro) to get thekinks worked out and for an hour afterwards, all was good in my world again. Then it started to come back. At this point, I felt I needed a muscle relaxer BADLY so I get in to see my doctor. After exam and all that is involved, she says I have either a muscle spasm OR a kidney stone. WTH???!!! She prescribes Valium for the muscle relaxer and tells me IF the pain becomes worse to get my fanny into the ER over the weekend. Word.

SO I happily pop my pills and head to bed. That lasted about 10 minutes and secide to head to the couch with heating pad, my happy pills, my puppy and blanky. I did indeed fall asleep although it wasn't perfect, it was much better than the night before. Score.

Late this morning I decide to pop a happy pill, crank up the heating pad, grab my puppy and blanky. Three hours later I wake up feeling totally amazing! I kid you not! So, after some pondering I decide to go for a quick run to see how things are working. After a few miles, my back feels NORMAL and I feel giddy. I decide TODAY would be the day for my final long run before Taper Time for Princess that is 2 weeks from tomorrow.

I dig out my GU, bottle of water, gizwithies, my wits LOL and head out the door. The actual plan called for 14 miles and I did not really think I would run that distance and go for perhaps 12-13 miles. This time I take a different strategy and simply take it one mile at a time. Let me tell you, THAT worked awesome and made the miles tick by fast.

By the time I reach the magical 7 miles where my knee will start giving me fits, it did not. Ultimately at mile 10 did the knee start to whisper sweet nothings in my ear. I told it to shut the he!! up LOL. At this point, I was starting to think that perhaps I could actually go the entire 14 mile distance but still took each mile as it came and never looked ahead.

By the time I reach mile 12 things are really starting to get more and more difficult but these longer distacnes aren't supposed to be a walk in the park. I started to take the "tools" out of my mental toolbox and use them. In other words, dig deep within myself to put one foot in front of the other. Next thing I knew I was at 13 miles. I am indeedy going the distance to 14 miles which would be a brand new distance ever for me. I wanted that so badly.

Of course this is where Murphy's Law kicks in as I was headed into a pretty brisk wind uphill. Isn't that always the case? By this time, my knee was hollering at me but I told it again to shut the he!! up.

I heard my Garmin ding dinging, looked down and it was 14 miles!!

14 miles
2:49:34 (12:07 ap)
2/:30 intervals
1379 cals burned

I walked in the door, showed Jim my Garmin and demanded a high five. He obliged with a smile on his face. After stretching and rolling I am savoring this moment. After what I have experienced in the last 24 hours and not knowing what the heck was going to happen my Princess HM I am feeling sky high. Let the taper begin!! Bring on HM #2 because I am ready!!

I will see all of my fellow Spark Princess peeps at Disney World!!


eta...My back feels great and the run really loosened it up! No discomfort whatsoever!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post