SP Premium
350,000-499,999 SparkPoints 360,512

Calling all Sparkies- I need HELP.

Friday, April 08, 2011

Hello Sparkies,

This is my dilemma, I will be going on a mini vacation (3 days) next week and I’m really concerned about staying on track while I'm away. I know that exercising won't be a problem for me however, I'm not fearful but just a little concerned that I might get so caught up in having fun that I will allow myself to get too relaxed and get off track with my food consumption/tracking.

My family has already told me that vacation is a time to let yourself go and eat whatever you want. I don't hold that same belief because after all, this is one of the reasons why I found my temple in an unhealthy state and in great need of a healthier lifestyle change. emoticon Even though my progress has been a lot slower than I would have like, it’s consistent. I am determined not to sabotage what I'm working so hard towards, and that is a better quality of life.

All suggestion and much prayer are welcomed. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Ohhhhh! Hate the trip was postponed! But you're be ready when the time comes around again! ...praying for you! :)

    3601 days ago
  • GODSCHILD2_2011
    Hi All,

    I want to take time out to thank you for all of your suggestion,support, comments and most of all your prayers. The bad news is, my trip has been postponed emoticon but, the good news is, I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful group of people in the Spark community that anyone could ever ask for. Happy Sparking to each and everyone of you and have a great rest of the week.

    3609 days ago

    Comment edited on: 4/12/2011 5:41:11 PM
    Praying for you that you have a great time on your mini vacation. You don't have to eat everything in sight, but you should be able to relax, pick healthy choices and enjoy yourself!!! Maybe you will be doing some extra walking, etc. Do post and let us know how things ares going or how things went when you get home.
    Prayers and hugs,
    3609 days ago
    You can do it, just remember fun is important too. So be "careful" but allow your self to relax and re-energize!

    Have fun on your vacation.
    3611 days ago
    I have no doubt you'll make good choices for you! Even if that means eating something you wouldn't have at home, you'll watch your portion size. Surprise your family by ordering then when your meal comes, ask the waiter/waitress for a "to go" box so you can split the food in half. Maybe someone else would like to have it later ~ but not you! Or "accidentally" leave it on the table when you leave :) You'll be filled with pride in your accomplishments and feel good about yourself. Food can't do that for you ~ only good life choices can!

    Have fun! You've got this. God bless you on your vacay!
    3611 days ago
  • no profile photo CD5863426
    You can do this... sending prayers and strength your way. Keep a bottle of water with you, and chug it before you eat... if you do indulge a little, at least you on't eat as much. Stock up on larabars or protein bars you can keep in your bag... you already have the right attitude. You WILL make good choices! I ALWAYS have to remind myself enjoying yourself doesn't have to equal overeating. Good luck!
    3612 days ago
    Prayers will be made immediately , as far as your eating, remind yourself that you are in control, your body is your temple and letting go doesn't mean destroying it. I pray that your family will not pressure you too much and if they do show them you can make healthy choices and still enjoy yourself. Dont' worry overly much, follow the 85/15 rule, if you do well 85% of the time dont' beat yourself up over the other 15%. You'll do fine gorgeous! You're strong and this is your journey not thiers remember that.
    3612 days ago
    1Thing is right. You have learned a lot if you've been tracking every day. You know what are good choices and what are poor choices. Keep your spark sense!!! You'll do great! And . . . . Have fun!! emoticon
    3612 days ago
    emoticon emoticon
    3612 days ago
  • BIGDAD1211
    Keeping you in prayer but enjoy yourself and don't be so hard on yourself if you over eat a little. That would just give you a excuse to do a harder workout!
    Have fun!
    God Bless you
    3612 days ago
  • no profile photo CD3149332
    Keep your spark sense within your doing, you hsve learned more than you are currently giving yourself credit. Go ahead, I am betting on you to do it. Enjoy! Remember "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."
    3613 days ago

    Comment edited on: 4/8/2011 2:09:29 PM
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.