Here I am...standing where I have stood many times over the past two years...on the brink of leaving the 170's and getting into the 160's. I have actually succeeded- 4 times in 24 months...March 2011, Aug, Sept and Nove 2010. Brief moments of progress...and then right back to the 170's! I can't seem to shake free!
It has been a challenge. I want to make it this time....and succeed...and not go back.
That is so true...I can do it- but I haven't yet! If the wind blows hard enough- I can just fall right over and land at 169....it is less than 1 pound away. I mean...that is so close!
So, step 1 to getting there- Mindset.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT? Just 10 reasons (out of my hundreds of reasons)
1. I need some progress or I'll lose my mind!
2. I want my clothes to be a bit loose-signs of hope!
3. I know once I get going...I'll gain momentum!
4. I want pretty underwear from a store that smells good when you walk in...not bought in a pack of 6 at Costco (sad, but true!)
5. I want my boobs to stick out further than my belly! At 5'2", each extra pound takes up a lot of room on my short frame!
6. I hardly wave hello anymore- I want the underarm jiggle to start shrinking!
7. I want people to think I look nice- and if I feel good- even about just a few pounds- I will walk with my head a little higher!
8. I want to post my ticker again and I vowed I wouldn't until it was under 170 (vain, but true!)
9. THe thought of another year ending with me in the same place as last year- well, just depressing. I DO NOT want that! This was 4th of July version 3 at the same weight- it has to stop somewhere!!!
10. I will never get to my goal if I don't make some progress- and a few pounds shouldn't be this hard!
Step 2- MY PLAN:
1. NO refined carbs! N-O-N-E! My body responds to lower carb, higher protein...my brain likes all the other stuff- sugar, chips, bread- but my body rewards me when I stay away!
2. TRACKING! I will not dive in and eat at will! I will stop..look (at the time, the mood) and listen- to my body- do I need the food or not? DO I need THAT PARTICULAR food or not? I will think before I eat!
3. Exercise- some everyday! Kettlebell will be in the kitchen for one minute of swings, the jump rope by the door for 100 quick jumps...and the gym bag packed for a more dedicated session.
4. I will be accountable and honest. THe blog is written- the intentions have been put out there- I am asking for your support- I NEED TO DO THIS! PUSH ME THROUGH THAT OPEN DOOR...and then help me slam it shut so I don't ever go back to the 170's again!
It's go time. The year is more than half over. I am not going to give myself a deadline. We all see how well that works! But, I will say that I will actively work on this everyday- so you should be looking for my followup very soon...really!!
I know that asking for support is a real sign that you want to change your life. I know that telling people your plans makes you accountable. And I know, with all my heart, that some of you would carry me into the 160's because you want this for me as badly as I do- and I love you for it! But, it will only happen when I make the right choices and do the hard work.....
Now...part 3- I need to get to work! Focus..on your mark, get set...GO!