PLAN: November 2011, A Tangled Month, hehe
Tuesday, November 01, 2011
November 2011 Plan
I want to try again my outdoor walking programme as last month, because of the weather, I gave up to do any walking (and probably because I didn't really feel like do anything after work, just want to go home and watch tv or read books, haha).
November also means a month of rope. Feel like forever since I let myself in the tangled relationship so will start again do HIIT with jumping rope, do strength exercises with rope-like things like the resistance band (since bought the higher resistance, haven't used it yet!), towels or scarves.
I also inspired by one of SP buddies in one of SP teams. A challenge for myself, every week, I want to get a certain number of reps for crunches, pushups and squats and the goal number will increase every week.
Still having problem with getting 7 hrs sleep at night, maybe I should move out from the bedroom and sleep in next room, just to get a new environment, haha. And all those rerun NCIS are delighting temptation - love to see Tony D with all his movie quotes and comments on his colleagues AND his reactions and expression whenever Gibbs arrived, haha. Looks like I need to sacrifice a little bit on tv watching if I need to get that 7 or at least 6 1/2 hrs!
In October, I realized that I'm starting to get drowned by all things that I collected (apparently, I'm a hoarder, huhu) since I can remember and perhaps one of reasons why I'm getting so lazy to fix my sleep problem, less enthusiastic with my workouts, more stress at people relationship. In short, October is a gloomy month for me - coincendently with Halloween! So, an additional plan for November, harden my heart against all those things that I keep and decide which to keep, which to give a way, which to throw.
Last but not least and most important, I want to do more with what's recommended in Islam, what's in Al-Quran and As-Sunnah. I want to get back to what I did in my Hajj where I felt more calm with myself, less inner turmoil, felt more close to Allah. So, start small first - continuously do Dhuha, Awwabin (after Maghrib) and Witir (after Isyak in case I don't wakeup early for Qiamullail) prayers and continue where I left my Al-Quran reading after I stop since Syawal (huhu, so embrassed about this). I have this obsession that I fear has a major control in my life, especially when I'm alone and I can't discuss it in this Eastern culture as I think it's still a taboo. So, I hope with trying to do what Allah and our Rasullullah pbuh likes and avoiding those that Allah and Rasullullah pbuh dislikes, I will get more peace with myself, keep tight rein with my obsession.
Here's my plan for November 2011, from 1st to 30th:
- do the 5 mandatory prayers as early as I can when it's time instead of delaying.
- continuosly do Dhuha, Awwabin and Witir prayers even during weekends and public holidays.
- read Al-Quran daily, even if only 1 page.
2. Meals & Water
- Drink 3 litres water or more daily.
- Eat 3 - 5 servings of veggies and fruits in any kind daily.
- Try not to cut too much grains and wheats like rice, breads and cereals.
- Less chocolate and sweet things
- 7hrs every night, about the same time, same schedule.
- Try walk in the park for at least 2 rounds (1 miles) on workdays (Monday to Friday).
- HIIT jump rope at least once weekly.
- BodyRock workout (try find without dip station and ball) at least once weekly.
- Pilates workout once weekly.
- Warm up, cool down and stretches for every workout session, especially for 10 minutes or more sessions.
- Strength workout target different parts (abs & core, upper body, lower body) with resistance band/towel/scarves.
- Plan example:
Mon = walk + abs & core + crunches challenge
Tue = walk + upper body + pushups challenge
Wed = walk + lower body + squats challenge
Thu = walk + pilate workout
Fri = walk or rest day
Sat = BodyRock or HIIT Jump Rope (alternate between these two on Sat & Sun)
Sun = BodyRock or HIIT Jump Rope (alternate between these two on Sat & Sun)
5. November Goals:
- Goal one day fasting every week (except period week, of course, hehe)
- Goal = 3 litres water daily
- Goal = sleep 7hrs every night
- Goal total reps for crunches, pushups and squats for Week 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 = 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 for each exercise.
- Goal fitness minutes this month = 1000 fitness minutes