My Latest BP, Blood Sugar, Cholesterol and etc, etc :D
Sunday, November 13, 2011
On Friday, 4th November 2011, we had a free health screening in the office, one of interesting thing in our HR Day. I was among the firsts so I missed the free gifts from the balloons during the launch day so I reasoned with myself, better have my health screening quickly than had to stand in long, long queue and probably still miss the balloons. Oh well, better luck next time with freebies.
Overall, the test results look good but the fat percentage scared me - I had double the number of what I suppose to have! Must be because of losing my muscle mass and not being active for a long time, huhu. And my sugar level, usually I got 4 for random checking but this time, I got 6 which is still ok but I suspected it was the cup cake that I ate earlier or maybe I do have higher sugary lifestyle since previous test!
So, here's my result:
- Blood pressure: 118/68 mmHg, good is 120/88 mmHg (the checker said beautiful!)
- Blood sugar: 6.0 mmol/L, good is 3.9 - 7.7 mmol/L (random check, didn't fast 8hr before test)
- Cholesterol: 4.29, good is less 5.2 mmol/L
- Height: 155cm (apparently I increased 1cm compare to last time, haha)
- Waist Circumference: 81, according to the table, for female, 80 cm is overweight and obesity is 88cm so I'm already in between, yikes!
Then I headed to Body Composition Analyzer (using a machine) for a 28 years old female, 155 cm height, 54kg weight:
- BMI: 22.5 (normal range is 18.9 and 22.9)
- Fat %: 34.6% (desirable range is 17 - 24% so I overshoot 10.6%!)
- BMR: 5084kJ, 1215kcal
- Impedance: 641 (dunno what is this, forgot to ask)
- Fat mass: 18.7kg (desirable range is 7.2 - 11.2kg)
- FFM: 35.3kg
- TBW: 25.8kg
- Target BF%: 24%
- Predictable weight: 46.5kg
- Predictable fat mass: 11.2kg
- Fat to lose: 7.5kg
We were told to see this nice lady to have health talk according to our result and I told her that I was happy with my weight so didn't want to lose too much to get that 46.5kg (I've been in the 40ish kg group and wasn't too happy with my body image). So, we both agreed that I need to get more muscle, lose more body fat, get more control with what I ate, with my rest - yada, yada, things that I know already but need to act on it, hehe.