I was reading through some of my old blog posts and came across the one posted below. As I read it I started to think of all the end of year activities ... parties, shopping, entertaining, religious observances, family gatherings, and decorating, and I thought - the holiday season (from Halloween to New Years Eve) can be full of excitement and fun but right along side the festivity and fun comes stress! Holiday stress may seem to be inevitable, but we can certainly minimize it. When I wrote the blog post back then, I was just thinking of normal everyday stress busting but upon reading it just now, I see where the tips/suggestions could be applied to minimize the stress that accompanies the holidays. Below is the copy of the original post:
Fill a baggie with a Toothpick, Rubber band, Band aid, Pencil, Eraser, Chewing gum, Mint, Candy kiss, Tea bag
Then attach this motivational poem to the bag.
1. Toothpick - to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others
2. Rubber band - to remind you to be flexible: things might not always work out the way you want, but it will work out.
3. Band aid - to remind you to heal hurt feelings,
yours and someone else's
4. Pencil - to remind you to list your blessings everyday
5. Eraser - to remind you that everyone makes mistakes,
and it's OK
6. Chewing gum - to remind you to stick with it and
you can accomplish anything
7. Mint - to remind you that you are worth a mint!
8. Candy kiss - to remind you that everyone needs a
kiss or a hug every day
9. Tea bag - to remind you to relax daily and
go over your list of blessings
I wish you all a ...