32 in 32
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Today is my 32nd birthday. I decided not to hang around the house and whine about getting older. Instead, I went to the gym and had an active "date" with my husband. While I was there, I started thinking about the 32 things I'd like to do this year while I'm 32. I made a list when I got home. Quite a few of my goals are fitness related, but not all of them are...
1. Get published in a scrapbook magazine.
2. Accomplish 1,000 minutes of exercise in one month.
3. Try spaghetti squash.
4. Paint an accent wall in the living room.
5. Make homemade spaghetti sauce.
6. Go for a run on the Tammany Trace.
7. Read a non-fiction book.
8. Build a raised garden for herbs/vegetables.
9. Set up and accomplish a family photo shoot.
10. Finish the entire couch to 5k program.
11. Attend a NASCAR race.
12. Try five new recipes from the Spark People cookbook.
13. Spend the day on the beach at Lake Pontchartrain.
14. Get my eyebrows waxed. (Don’t cry!)
15. Sew another American Girl doll outfit.
16. Try quilling.
17. Volunteer at the animal shelter.
18. Cook some couscous.
19. Take the kids to Fort Jackson.
20. Run/walk a 5k.
21. Lose another 20 pounds.
22. Spend an entire day without logging on to the internet.
23. Eat at one new restaurant.
24. Buy an outfit that includes pink as a prominent color. (AND wear it!)
25. Get a fishing license and a fishing pole.
26. Attend another build and grow clinic with the kids.
27. Visit a plantation home.
28. Go fishing alone and enjoy the peace.
29. Make a recipe that involves using eggplant.
30. Wear a pair of completely unreasonable heels out to dinner.
31. Try sewing on a scrapbook page.
32. Join a bigger, better gym.