Eat to Live (challenge) because I'm a Rock Star like that
Sunday, April 29, 2012
The Bad A$$ Rock Stars are having a new challenge starting tomorrow!
Here's the copy & pasted rules from the group page:
This will be an individual challenge where you are earning points for yourself each day. You will earn points in the following ways:
1) Staying in range and Consistency in range: You will get 1 point if you stay in your range for calories/fat/carbs/protein (either using Spark tracker or another source). You will get the amount of points of whatever day of your streak you are on - 1 point for day 1, 2 for day 2, 3 for day 3, etc...-the larger streak you can build, the better you'll do!
2) Pick something you struggle with eating wise - you will focus on something different each week. Some examples - picking off your child's plate, mindless evening snacking, etc. You will get 3 pts for each day you refrain from (or if yours is a positive like eating x freggies, etc, you will get points for doing the good thing)
3) You can earn 10 points per recipe if you make a healthy recipe and blog about it (max 30pts/week)
4) You can earn 5 points for each Sparkrecipe you make based on another teammate's blog (max 10pts/week)
5) Weekend Bonus - you will get a 5 point bonus for staying in range on Saturdays & Sundays.
Bonus Points: 1) Blog about the challenge prior to it starting - 5 points 2) TBD!
At the end there will be winners, but more importantly I'm willing to bet we will have a lot of "LOSERS!"
I'm super duper excited about this challenge b/c nutrition is where I tend to fall short. Especially on the wknds & now I get points for staying on track!
One thing I am definitely gonna be working on is my freggies. I wanna add in more & different kinds. Veggies I do pretty good on, but fruit I tend to slack on b/c that's what the kids ask for & then it's gone before I've even gotten an apple. Starting kinda small, but I'm gonna be aiming for 5-8 servings of freggies a day. I think I've been averaging maybe 3-5.
I'm also excited for the challenge of getting out of my comfort zone & trying new recipes. I tried one from a Biggest Loser cookbook this wknd & I'll try to figure out how to upload pic on here & blog that tomorrow.
There's also a new Body Rock 30 day challenge launching tomorrow & I'm looking forward to adding more of those workouts into my routine!
Hope everyone has a great start to the wk!