I'm visiting the in-laws with the mini-fam this weekend so I had to do my last LSD run before my next HM in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully, that meant a couple of things: everything was new and traffic was not a problem.
My grateful list for today is:
1. A comfortable bed. The in-laws recently upgraded the mattress on the hide-a-bed. *sigh*
2. A good night's sleep. See above. (except for a couple interruptions from Roo, I had a lovely 8 or 9 hours of sleep last night)
3. Coffee. Seriously, can anything perk you up in the morning like a nice, fresh, steaming cup of java?
4. Country roads. I felt really isolated on my run today and, for a change, it was wonderful. Not sure I could do more than 6k by myself but ....
5. A good book. My favourites are written by Jean M. Auel, James Patterson, Diana Gibaldon
6. A great run.
7. Sunshine. It is SO beautiful outside today.
8. Baby smiles. Especially when accompanied by giggles.
9. Adoring fans. I'll post some pics of mine in a sec.
10. Cool breezes. When it's warm outside, and you're out for a run, it's a very welcome thing.
And now the pictures I promised.
This is just as I left the house:
The first wind in the road:
Just a little of what I saw along the way:
My toughest decision today:
I chose to head off to the left and was greeted by this "lovely" hill:
This is where I turned around:
The view from the top of the hill:
This sign seemed appropriate for this week's BLC20 challenge:
Another beautiful view:
My adoring fans
I can see the finish line:
More fans. These ones belong to the in-laws. The brown one with the white & black snout is Emily's horse, Belle.
What my mini-fam does while I'm out running: