Here we are in week 6 of the 12-week Biggest Loser Challenge 20...and the dreaded mid-round slump struck me! I've been struggling for the past 2 weeks on staying motivated, getting in my exercise, and the BIGGEST challenge of all, making the right food choices. I'm sure team members are tired of hearing my same ol' excuses, so I'll skip them, and focus on the more important thing: waddaya gonna do 'bout it??
Well, I'm so glad you asked! Here's the plan:
1. Food prep is always the core to my success. I signed up for a Community Supported Agriculture program, where we have produce, grassfed beef, pastured chicken and eggs delivered every week. I spent some time this weekend getting meals prepped in the crockpot and oven, portioned out, and stored in the freezer. This will be a weekly event, as my CSA delivers every Thursday.
2. I’m back on the Zumba track! I finally caught up on some sleep, and made it to class on Saturday morning. I save $$ by buying a punch card…which also obligates me to go to class, or else I lose the $$. So, Sat mornings via punchcard, and Wed evening with a great at-work discount will be my fun workout days.
3. I signed up for the Trick or Treat virtual 5K and a 5K training program! I’m looking forward to running in the nice cool weather we’re having!
4. I have lots of workout DVDs to choose from, but need to get motivated to actually use them. I'm trying the card system that my team Captain, FLGIRL_4EVER, blogged about. I’ll use index cards to mix-and-match my strength-training workout DVDs. I get bored easily, so this should keep things interesting.
5. Accountability! I posted it, so now I gotta just do it! I’m loving this weekend challenge! BLC 20.5 is just what I needed!