Life at goal weight
Sunday, January 27, 2013
First of all, I'm going to let go or "forgive" myself for the last year in which i've not lost the 10# I wanted. After working hard for two years to get to where I am today, I plateaued and bounced up and down within the same 5-10#. I just have not made it enough of a priority to drop and at times i get just plain angry at myself....so there, i've said it and letting it go. For now!
However I think the concept of what my life will be like when (notice I didn't say "if) I reach my goal weight. I don't think my life will change dramatically - i'm a happy and healthy person, and i'm within 10-15# of where I want to be, so my life will be similar. However, the little things that will change - all for the better:
1) Most important, shedding those pounds will make me healthier - from cholesterol levels, to exercise more easily
2) Second most important: I will be proud of myself, add that next wave of confidence that is so important!
3) I will have a new wardrobe - that is, those darn clothes that have been hanging around in big trash bags, waiting to fit my bod again - it's been 10 yrs!
4) I will get those lovely compliments from friends and colleagues - they add up
5) And last but not least, my husband and kids will be proud of me