Better late then never....
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Springing to Action Challenge 1 - A lil about me
I meant to post this on Saturday but got behind on a few things so here it is...a lil about me a lil bit late.
Random facts about me---Sandra Rose
I’m originally from Kansas.
I’m a 25 year old living, working and a student in Washington DC.
I’m majoring in Arts/Graphic Design
I work 2 part time jobs – Weekends at Curves and during the week at a program at the University of DC helping with educating young children about the healthier options to chose in food.
I love to paint.
I will listen to almost any kind of music. Anything good and that brings back memories.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and told it was be almost impossible to have children and being the weight I was was not helping the situation any. This may possibly be the ultimate reason why it finally clicked to me that I needed to be healthier.
I believe meditation can truly help bring a sense of being and calmness. Knowing this tho, you’d think I would be doing this all the time. I really love what I feel when mediating and I most definitely need to do this more often.
I love “The Big Bang Theory” “Suits” “Once Upon a Time” “Revenge” “The Amazing Race” I loved the Biggest Loser for a while but I haven’t really gotten into this season. I don’t know. Watching it always inspired me and I don’t feel that anymore.
I fear failure. I’m a people pleaser and I hate letting people down, including myself.
I want to be an artist. One day I want to display my work at a gallery.
I went from 305 lbs to 184 (my lowest weight) = 121 lbs lost!!
Currently I am back up to 200 lbs and its really getting to me.
I have been at a plateau for over a year now and I’m tired of it. I still want to lose 37 more lbs and I don’t know whats stopping me. Definitely gonna have to ponder on that one but I’m feeling that’s a whole different blog completely lol
I love 80’s movies.
I’m one of four children. I have an older sister of 3 years, a younger sister that is 15 and a younger brother who just turned 12.
I can’t think of what else to write so here are a few questions answering who I am.
1. What was your favorite food when you were a child? ---- Spaghetti
2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod? ---- Skrillex remix of Cinema
3. What is one of your favorite quotes? ----One of them --- “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at me worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
4. What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? ---- Whoop dee woo lol
5. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? ---- Dishes, with a passion!
6. What is your favorite form of exercise? ---- Cardio
7. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year? ---- Day: Morning when I get enough sleep, Day of the week: Saturday, Time of the year: Toss up between April/September/December
8. What’s your least favorite mode of transportation? ---- I don’t travel much but my least favorite daily mode of transportation is not so much the bus but waiting for the bus in the cold, rain, snow, humidity.
9. What is your favorite body part? ---- Eyes and legs
10. What sound do you love? ---- I’ve only been once but the ocean. Seeing and hearing it are so over whelming and beautiful.