Why Do I Do This To Myself?
Thursday, June 06, 2013
Today I climbed out of bed at 5 AM and was stiff and sore. It did not take long to work the soreness out during my workout but now my muscles ache so bad when I move. Especially my legs. I enjoyed day two of the Insanity program, but I have never worked so hard! During the workout I found myself wondering why I torture myself like that. Of course, afterward I feel great except for the soreness but that reminds me of how hard I have been working. I asked myself the same question when I spent fifteen minutes weighing and measuring my everything that went into my lunch and logging each item. Why am I doing this? This is why:
1. I want to be healthy, live a long and enjoyable life, be able to travel and enjoy time with my husband when my kids leave for college in a few years and (in the very distant future) be able to play with my grandchildren.
2. I want to like the way I look and be happy with myself.
3. I want to wear a bathing suit again and be comfortable.
4. I want to buy clothes that are cute and look good, not whatever is big enough to fit me.
5. I want find out how strong I am and what I am capable of doing.
6. I want to be the best me that I can be.
Therefore, I torture myself with exercise that makes me feel amazing and accomplished. I deal with muscles that ache as they become stronger. I spend several minutes weighing and measuring my food then log everything to make sure that I am on track before I eat. I drink a ton of water to keep myself hydrated and don't fill my body with empty calories and sugary drinks. I am worth the effort and the sacrifice that it will take to get reach my goal of being a lean, fit and healthy person.