Prince of Life (Bible Study)
Monday, August 12, 2013
The following Study is taken from the monthly newsletter "Symphony of Prayer" a teaching ministry I put out in my Church as a tool to encourage others to grow in the Lord & use in their Family Altar. This study was taken from the "Prince of Life Series" I taught back in 2011...
This study we are looking at Jesus as the “King”. John 12:12-15; He rides into Jerusalem and is acclaimed “King” of Israel by the crowd.
King, See Zechariah 9:9 The Coming of Zion’s King.
King Eternal, See 1 Timothy 1:17
King of the Jews, Matthew 2:2
King of Kings; King of the Ages, 1 Timothy 6:15 and Revelation 15:3.
I encourage you to search out the Scriptures and discover who Jesus, the King of Kings is in your own life. Let Jesus be Lord and King of your life today!
1. Jesus as King; Triumphant Entry; this prophecy was fulfilled on the day of the “Triumphant Entry”, when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the colt of a donkey. (John 12:12-15) The Donkey was the mount of princes. See Judges 5:10; 10:4; 12:14) and kings (2 Samuel 16:1-2).
2. Jesus, King Eternal: (1 Timothy 1:17), He is immortal, the only God, He is Jesus, the precious Son of God, born of a virgin, who holds the keys to eternity. Jesus is the Only “One” who holds the Key to Eternal Life.
3. Jesus, the King of the Jews: (Matthew 2:2) Jesus born “King of the Jews”, these words would have struck both terror and fury in to the heart of Herod. His star in the East may refer to a star supernaturally introduced into the heavens, discernable only to students of the sky. The star reappeared to guide the wise men to where Christ was (verse 9).The fact that it was called “His star” indicates that the wise men identified the star with the arrival of the King of the Jews.
4. King of Kings, (1 Timothy 6:15-16) God will manifest the return of Christ in His own time. This will happen at a specific point in time that Jesus declared was known only to the Father (Acts 1:6-7). The last half of verse 15 and all of 16 form a doxology of praise to the Lord Jesus.
5. King of the Ages, (Revelation 15:3) “Song of Moses” is a reference to Exodus 15:1-18, in which Israel celebrated its deliverance from Egyptian bondage, from Pharaoh’s army.
See Exodus 14.
To re-cap our study we have looked at Christ as “King”. We open up John’s Gospel with the account from chapter 12:12-15 with a painted picture of Jesus riding into Jerusalem on a donkey and the people applauding Him and acclaiming Him the King of Israel.
We have looked at the Names and Titles that were given to Jesus and discovered that Jesus is not only Lord and the Prince of Life but He is the King of all Kings. According to scripture we saw prophecy fulfilled on the day of the “Triumphant Entry”, when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the colt of a donkey. The donkey was the mount of princes.
Indeed Jesus is King Eternal, King of the Jews, King of Kings and Lord of Lords and He is King of the Ages.
At the very mention of His Name, every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Is Jesus the Lord and King of your life? If not, why not open up your heart to Him today!