"The Neck Is Not Invited To This Party!"
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Bahaha... no matter how many times I do 30DSL1, when Jillian makes that comment during the abs portion, it makes me giggle. Also, I still remember most of the lines from when I did it before. Anyway, when I did my workout today (yep, 3 days strong... WOOT!), my neck was not invited to the party. Sorry neck. Maybe you'll get a workout in tonight if I do a little seat dancing to some of the music on a NYE countdown... ha!
It's looking like I'm going to have to come up with a good, solid plan to get my sleep pattern under control. Still need to get that journal I talked about, to help me wind down at night. I think I probably need to have a "no electronics" rule 30 minutes before target bedtime. Maybe I need to stop drinking fluids an hour before, too... I always pee right before I get into bed, and I always seem to have to get up an hour or two later to pee again... SO ANNOYING! Also, not conducive to restful sleep... like, at all. I can do some research for some "best practices", but if anyone has any, I'd love to hear 'em! Maybe Spark still has that better sleep challenge they used to have.
Anywho, same ol' same ol' today... got up, took the dog out, went for a short walk instead of coming right back in, already had my workout clothes on, so I had some water, two mini banana nut muffins, and got my workout on. Afterward, it was close enough to "lunch time" that I went ahead and had leftovers from last night's dinner... stuffed bell pepper soup. A Pinterest find, and it was pretty darn tasty! I also had a few "jalapeno popper wontons"... I made them for the first time last night (inspired by another Pinterest recipe) as "couch-gating" food since our team (and my current school!) the Texas Longhorns were playing in the Alamo Bowl. I used reduced fat cream cheese, and baked them instead of frying them, so definitely a healthy alternative to traditional game food. For dessert, I had one of the healthy-ish peanut butter cookies I made last night. They're made with just five ingredients: oats, chunky PB, brown sugar, egg, baking soda. There was only half a cup of brown sugar and it made 14 cookies, so not too bad!
My best friend (I've known her since 6th grade!) and her hubby are coming into town to hang out and stay with us tonight for NYE... so far I've got celery and carrot sticks with two different greek yogurt dips to have out as snackies, but am about to hit up Pinterest (of course!) for some inspiration... err pinspiration? ;)
And, since it's NYE, I've gotta recap the year, right? Right. Here are some of my 2013 highlights:
- finalized grad school app (and crossed some fingers and toes!)
- celebrated the BFF's birthday in Austin, & got some big wedding stuff finalized while there
- first and only Valentine's day as an engaged couple
- got our engagement pictures taken (part of it was a zombie attack... pinterest recreation!)
- celebrated our first "engagiversary"
- was officially admitted into the UT Austin Sport Management Masters program
- *shrug* nothing comes to mind, other than work!
- Father in-law came to visit from Michigan... always a great time!
- ended a 5-year stint in retail (woohoo!)
- moved to Austin (YAY!!!!!)
- turned 28
- bridal shower hosted by my aunts and cousins
- started grad school
- bachelorette party!
- GOT MARRIED!!!!!
- hubby (thankfully!) got a new, well-paying, "grown-up" job
- 1st Thanksgiving as a married couple
- finished 1st semester of grad school... with a 4.0 GPA!
- first Christmas as a married couple
- decided I was DONE! (see post from 12/29)
There may be some things I missed, but all in all, it was a fantastic year! Hope everyone had a great year as well, and here's to an even better 2014! Y'all be safe if you're going out tonight!
See y'all next year!