Need to pare down on the time I spend on sparkpeople as I am starting to neglect other responsibilities. Don't get me wrong- I needed an intensive, focused, life encompassing start to the program. I've done that. Now I need to learn how to use SP and still live my life! Just like fitness and nutrition, all the rest must also be part of a lifestyle change and must be manageable within the context of living my life for hopefully many many more years. In other words, I need to move into more of a maintenance phase with SP, rather than a ramping up phase.
So - what can I let go of and what do I still need?
I think I need to do the following daily (weekly):
1) log on, get my start up points
2) track fitness
3) track nutrition ( except Saturdays and Wednesday dinner)
4) do my challenge tasks and update team (currently 28 day boot camp, February fitness challenge, valentines day challenge)
5) meal plan for the week and enter into tracker (weekly, usually Saturdays)
6) weigh in and track/post on Saturdays
7) respond to personal comments, emails, goody gifts
8) review all goals and action steps weekly
9) post something weekly (blog, message, comment, etc.)
I can let go of the following (unless I truly have time):
1) trying to get as many points as possible each day
2) reading articles, email digests, watching videos just to get points
3) searching through my teams for new posts
4) commenting/posting just for points
5) checking my secret of success post daily to see if I have new comments or more likes
6) checking friend feed
7) checking for responses to my posts
Still with you SP, but trying to get it down to 15 mins a day rather than 3 hours!