I hope you are all having a fabulous Valentine's Day! To all the couples out there, do something sweet for the man or woman you love not only today but, everyday & to all the singles out there wishing this day was done & over with, be patient, God will send you someone worth waiting for when the time is right!
We have been busy in preparations for Heart Day! Last night, Maddox & I decided it would be fun to turn our kitchen into a full blown bakery! We made sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies & red velvet cookies for the Grandma's & Grandpa's, our neighbors & all of Al's co workers! Maddox really enjoyed getting to decorate the cookies with "pwetties" aka pretties as Mama calls them or sprinkles as the rest of the world may say haha:) I was so proud of myself, I managed to make around 7 dozen cookies last night & not even eat one! Now, that is willpower;)
Al is working all day today so we are actually celebrating our Day of Love on Sunday which is fine with this Mama:) Everyday calls for some lovey dovey, smoochie smoochie, sweet nothings in my book so no biggie here!! I have just been wasting the day away with my miniature Valentine & needless to say we are having a blast! We've been making Valentines, listening to love songs & dancing our little hearts out aka getting our cardio on ;)
After wearing the little Love Bug out with my killer dance moves, I was compelled to get on Pinterest for some mommy time & I saw an idea that completely inspired me! I knew right then and there that I wanted to write my own little number! So, here are My Ten Commandments for loving myself!! Enjoy :D
JES' TEN COMMANDMENTS OF SELF-LOVE
1. Accept yourself for who you are at this very moment. Appreciate the BEAUTY that makes you YOU:)
2. Be thankful for your blessings. You may not have everything you want but, you have ALL you need.
3. Make sure your worst enemy isn't dwelling in your own skin. Remember that you're always listening even if no one else can hear you!
4. Vow to take care of your body & work out daily! After all, it's the only place you have to live! Make it a happier, healthier place to reside in. YOU are your best investment.
5. Stay true to who you are & you will ALWAYS be happy! Gather all your crazy dreams, far fetched ambitions & big goals & build a life you love & are proud of!
6. Stop comparing yourself to who you're not! Girls compete with one another. Women EMPOWER each other.
7. Forgive yourself for every mistake, every heartbreak & every time you've fallen short. Self-forgiveness is a necessary & vital step to finding your inner peace.
8. Remember that you can't fix yourself by BREAKING someone else. ALWAYS choose kindness.
9. Focus your thoughts on what is good, what is admirable & what is positive. Never let your mind become consumed by negativity & hate. Never let your heart turn cold.
10. Say YES to adventure. Say YES to bliss. Say YES to the impossible. You never know when your heart will stop beating. Take the jump & free fall on the way down if you have to. Live with no regrets.
Valentine's day is a day to celebrate all types of love & all kinds of love, including love for one's self! Take the time today to pamper yourself, to nourish your body with whole foods & clean water, to run, to dance, to jump for joy & to move what the good Lord has given you because the capacity, the greatness & the depth of our ability to love sparks out of the love we have for ourselves!
Stay Positive Friends, Change IS Coming,