I hope you're all having a Wonderful Wednesday! As some of you may know, today is the first day of the Lenten season! While I know not all of you are Catholic & I am in no way writing this blog with the intention of forcing my beliefs on any of you or shoving anything you don't want down your throat, but I do want to put my Lenten goals up for all to see so that I can hold myself to a higher standard of accountability! I just want the AMAZING support each & everyone of you continue to give me on a day in & day out basis! You are all WONDERFUL, KIND & FABULOUS in your own, unique way & whether you agree with my beliefs or not, it doesn't for one second change my opinion of the greatness that is YOU:) Your BELIEFS don't make you a good person, your BEHAVIOR does! Rock on, Lovelies!!
Since joining this site, I have already changed so many aspects of my life in order to create a peace filled, healthier & kinder environment for myself & my family! Having done this, many of the things I would normally give up for Lent are things I have already changed to better myself as a person so I have decided to instead mostly just add goals & activities that promote good vibes & bring more positive energy to my days! I am planning to not only make these goals for the next 40 days but goals to keep for the rest of my life! So here are my 'good vibe' Lenten goals for 2014! Enjoy:)
JES' 'GOOD VIBE' LENTEN GOALS
1. I will be the best role model I can be for my son, my Al, my family & my friends! I will bring my positive energy & good nature to each & every person I encounter! I will leave anyone I come into contact with BETTER not BITTER.
2. I will encourage my fellow Sparkers to the best of my ability to reach their goals, achieve the self-improvement they desire & to believe in the strength that is within them. I will comment on their blogs, leave messages on their Spark pages & remain an active participant in my Spark Challenge teams!
3. I will take a 60 minute walk daily, preferably outside so that I can revel in the beauty & magnificence that is around me & receive the peaceful tranquility that only nature can provide.
4. I will watch what I eat when dining out, particularly when I have a cheat meal. I will eat what I want for my cheat meals within a reasonable portion so that I can keep trucking along towards my goals while at the same time allowing myself to have the foods I crave!
5. I will lose between 5 -8lbs over the next 40 days of this Lenten season! I will not take my eye off of my goal to achieve optimum health & happiness! I will hold myself to the standards required to achieve my dreams & never doubt my ability to accomplish EXACTLY what I want.
6. I will declutter all the nonsense from my life & from my home. I will embrace more SIMPLICITY in my life. I will fall in love with the minimal. I will give back to my community.
Well, there you have it friends, my Lenten/Life goals:)
I hope you're all having a wonderful day & enjoying the simple moments & the simple things we often take for granted. Always remember that you aren't given any do overs for the days you waste away doing nothing of meaning, nothing of growth, nothing of relevance. Don't be a person filled with sadness or filled with hate, asking what if & dwelling on what could've been. Dare to be free, dare to choose hope, dare to become greater than you ever thought you could be. Don't be afraid of Change. Don't be afraid of Failure. Don't be afraid of having your heart broken into a thousand tiny pieces, of growing old or of your loved ones dying - - - Be afraid of knowing you could of achieved your dreams but were too scared to take the fall. Be afraid of never knowing true love because you thought it was better to be cold than to risk it all for a chance at what might never be. & Be afraid of waking up one day & realizing you never TRULY lived. Life is short. Die with memories NOT regrets.
Stay Positive Friends, Change IS Coming,