Except I couldn't come up with an "m" word that indicated something that is submissive to my will.Thesaurus.com let me down.
Anyway, before I post my May plan outline, I signed up for a single class for summer school today.
If that's a little too jumbled to read, it basically says I'm taking microbiology. The class is Monday through Thursday (so, 4 days a week) from 8:30 a.m.until 3:40 p.m. all four of those days. 7 hours a day. Two 20 minute breaks. For 6 weeks in the summer. There isn't an emoticon in the world that has bulgy enough eyes to representing the eye bulge happening on my face right now.
(I guess this will have to do for SparkPeople)
Fitness Focus: Walking
My goals are to get 188 fitness minutes per week (or 750 fitness minutes for the month total) and to lose 2lbs. I'm reducing my minutes thanks to school since this month will have finals involved.
I will accomplish this by:
1) Walking 5-7 days per week (35-50 minutes per day).
2) Eating healthy meals that are centered around vegetables and fruit.
3) Tracking meals 3x per week and tracking fitness every time.
I will track my goals by:
1) Using the Food and Fitness Trackers
2) Using my scale and tracking my weight on SparkPeople
I will know I've reached my goals when I see 181 lbs on the scale and I've reached 750 fitness minutes.
Items Needed to Achieve this Goal:
1) SparkPeople/Internet access
2) Support from my Spark Friends/AccountabiliBuddy(ies)
3) Good shoes
4) Heart Rate Monitor
I will find the time to accomplish these goals:
1) Monday afternoon, Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, Friday evening, and Saturday anytime (or Sunday afternoon)
2) Scheduled rest days are Wednesday and Sunday (can be switched to Saturday if needed)
3) Open availability starting May 16th, when the current semester ends!
Things I need to learn more about:
1) Exercise induced asthma and how to prevent it.
2) Exercise induced migraine and how to prevent one.
People I can talk to for support:
1) Any of my SparkFriends and specifically my AccountabiliBuddies Malia and Dava.
My goals' relevance:
1) I want to be healthier and to start losing the weight I've put on since moving back to El Centro. I also want to be a runner, so I'm going to start with walking as my base to improve.
I will reach my goal date by:
May 31, 2014
I will weigh weekly on Saturdays.
None- Subject to Change
Sundays- menu planning
rday/Sunday- my nights to cook
Sunday- attend services; cook breakfast goodies for hospitality ministry when possible
Tuesday- attend Bible study every other week
Nightly- read Bible; pray
Start health & nutrition ministry by the end of July (fitness; good food) 1 Corinthians 6:20
Socializing with those friends
Read for pleasure
Work toward fitness, food, and spiritual goals
My reward for accomplishing 100% of fitness minutes goal: New Book
Chosen from Amazon Wishlist: Stiff: The Curious Life of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach or Death's Acre by Bill Bass (keeping this from last month since I didn't meet my goals)
And some more obligatory photos... of a few foods I ate this week. To make sure your salivary glands are behaving in a normal fashion.
Chorizo, Potato, Pepper, Corn tacos with green onions & cilantro (and some sour cream) with a green salad dusted with chili powder
Homemade thin crust buffalo chicken pizza with homemade bleu cheese dressing drizzled over top... and some crudite... and a wedge salad with turkey bacon crumbles.
My car wouldn't start thanks to some loose battery cables, which made me late to class, so I couldn't even go inside, so I had some time to kill. I spent that time at Starbucks.