Tuesday, September 02, 2014
Most Sparkers who read my blog are members of my Minnesota Twins SparkTeam, but for those who are not, I thought I'd share my September Call Up Challenge here too.
The challenge is pretty open - evaluate yourself as if you are a MLB September call up. Set some goals and a plan for achieving them, and post regular updates (scouting reports!). So, here's my call up evaluation:
This prospect needs to show more consistency in both exercise and diet. To be considered a successful September call up, the front office wants to see:
1. 5 pound loss (ceiling of 10 pounds)
2. Improve time on 2 mile walk from 40 minute average to 37 minute average, and achieve a personal best of 35 minutes at least once.
To accomplish these goals, the prospect's plan is:
1. Diligently log food intake, and stay within calorie ranges.
2. Minimize processed food consumption.
3. Walk 2 mile route at least 3 times per week (ceiling 6 times per week), and time walks.
4. Improve walking form to increase speed and decrease chance of injury.
5. Set up a better playlist(s) to listen to while walking to encourage faster times.
6. Replace walking shoes and break in new shoes.
I'm hoping to really build some good habits in September, because my life essentially goes to pieces in October and stays a mess until Christmas (thanks, work!) I can use all the encouragement I can get! Thanks, all!