Baked Sweet Taters and Fruit
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
I was posting this recipe for my Natural Remedies for Healthy Living team and decided to share it will ALL of my spark friends because it is just that good! Its something different to offer on your holiday table than the tried and true sweet potato casserole that some of us have just grown weary of. This was a huge hit with my family, even for those who don't like sweet potatoes. So give it a try!
"Baked Sweet Taters and Fruit"
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp butter or alternative
1/2 cup chopped pecans or nut of choice
1 tart apple, cored and cut in chunks (granny smith is a good choice)
1 cup dried pitted plums, halved
1/2 pomegranate, halved with seeds scooped out
1 concord pear, cored and cut in chunks
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F
2. Rinse and peel sweet potatoes
3. Grease 9x9x2 pan with 1 Tbsp butter
4. Add sweet potatoes, apple, pear and plums and mix well. Top with remaining butter and chopped nuts
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with aluminum foil
6. Bake until sweet potatoes are tender, about 40-50 minutes
7. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and ENJOY!
Serves 4, so double or triple recipe for larger groups.