2015: The Year of the Hip
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
2014 wasn't the best year. In fact, it pretty much sucked. I had to have a hip replacement at 44 because my bone was dying. But I'm fortunate to have decent insurance and an understanding employer to allow me to stay home and recover.
I realize that I didn't set any goals last year so I'm getting a head start for 2015.
1. Strengthen new and old hips. Right hip is weak from surgery and left hip has taken a beating from compensating for the gimpy one. I'll walk daily and do ST and stretching.
2. Lose this damned weight!!! It's serious now as I (and my insurance company) just shelled out about $40,000 for ol' Gimpy. Nowhere have I read that extra weight is good for new hip so I'm back on the wagon again. Counting calories, drink more water, eat less sweets and exercise. It's worked before.
3. Find a job that doesn't wreak havoc on my body. I've been a nurse assistant for 25 years and it's taking it's toll. I'm also a Medical Unit Secretary, but with the new electronic medical record my secretary role is non-existant. So I'll begin searching for a desk job to rest these weary bones.
4. Stay postive. I've been a real downer this year. I'l take more time to read my Bible and maybe download some feel-goody app on phone.
5. Be nicer to my husband. He's taken such good care of me, but I've taken so much out on him. He's a trooper.
6. Enjoy life! There are lots of fun things to do and I'm going to do them!
7. Volunteer. I always feel better when I do for others so I'm getting back into volunteer work.
8. Log in to sparkpeople EVERY day. I've had great success when I use this website.
I hope everyone has a wonderful 2015! I'm going to make this year better than last year. Happy New Year!