Monday, December 07, 2015
I started researching Overeaters Anonymous, and I can most of the questions with a yes. I do have a problem food. I don't want to start another program. I am relying on Spark to be my program for tracking, inspiration and accountability. I have some amazing support for the teams I have joined. I have joined a SP team for the week that I recommitted to SP .
So how am I going to manage my relationship with food?
ARE YOU A COMPULSIVE EATER?
If you answer "yes" to at least three of the following questions, you could be a compulsive eater:
1. Do you eat when you're not hungry? YES
2. Do you go on eating binges for no apparent reason? YES
3. Do you have feelings of guilt and remorse after overeating? YES
4. Do you give too much time and thought to food? YES
5. Do you look forward with pleasure and anticipation to the time when you can eat alone? yes
6. Do you plan these secret binges ahead of time? NO
7. Do you eat sensibly before others and make up for it alone? YES
8. Is your weight affecting the way you live your life? YES
9. Have you tried to diet for a week (or longer), only to fall short of your goal? YES
10. Do you resent others telling you to "use a little willpower" to stop overeating? YES
11. Despite evidence to the contrary, have you continued to assert that you can diet "on your own" whenever you wish? YES
12. Do you crave to eat at a definite time, day or night, other than mealtime? yes
13. Do you eat to escape from worries or trouble? YES
14. Have you ever been treated for obesity or a food-related condition? yes
15. Does your eating behavior make you or others unhappy? YES
OK- I have a lot of work to do.
More blogs on that later!!