Day 381 - Terrific Tuesday!
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
My interactions with various SparkFriends have reminded me of some important aspects of this community that are worth sharing, once again.
This website will give you back at least twice what you put into it. But you have to put in the effort to get back what you need. That means:
* Tracking your food, fitness, and water consumption
* Sharing your journey with others and seeking out friends who can help you reach your goals
* Reading the articles and taking in what they have to tell you, including motivation and more
* Getting at least 10 minutes of physical activity every day - starting with easy, low-impact exercises and building up over time
* Realizing that you didn't put on the weight overnight, and it won't come off that quickly either
I saw a great quote the other day that is important to share:
"A year from now, you might regret that you didn't start today."
It's like the person of a certain age who is thinking about starting college, but worries that they are too old when they graduate 4 years from now. The answer is, "And how old will you be 4 years from now if you don't go to college?"
This site is amazing, and there are tools to help people of all flavors, whether you have depression, hormonal imbalance, or just a lack of motivation. But you have to WORK if you want to achieve results. Yes, it's hard. Yes, it takes time and patience. But if you don't do it, will you regret a year from now that you didn't start now?
I am so grateful for what this site has given me. It has given me so much more than just being 45 pounds lighter. It has given me confidence. It has given me the ability to love myself. It has given me enthusiasm and gratitude. I am forever changed because of this amazing website and the community I've found within it.
Where do you want to be on December 15, 2016 - one year from today? How do you want to feel - about yourself, about your body, about your goals?
Now, give yourself the best gift ever - START TODAY.