Thursday, December 31, 2015
So this time last year I made the resolutions to have meatless Mondays and fish Fridays all through 2015 as a way to help myself lose weight instead of going "this year I'm making the resolution to lose weight!" And you know what? I've kept it up for the whole year!!!!
So 2016 is just a few hours away and since Halloween I've put on 20lbs, what resolutions shall I make to help myself get back on track. Realistic resolutions that I know I can commit to that will help my changing lifestyle. I am going to continue to have meatless Mondays and fish Fridays, and am thinking about maybe expanding on those but not sure.
I think what my resolutions for 2016 will be...
1. Blog at least once a week
2. Take pictures of my Monday and Friday dinners as well as all home cooked dishes. I want to document eating scratch made non processed foods that are healthy and wholesome. I wouldn't say I have a passion for the culinary but I really do love cooking and watching cooking shows...I keep on getting told I should go to culinary school but I don't know I almost did when I was 18 but succumbed the the fear that working in the culinary field would destroy my love of food.
3. Walk Hally, my dog, after dinner at least 3 times a week around my neighborhood. I remember whenever I visited my Grandparents up in Buffalo they always took a walk after dinner around their neighborhood. Now as an adult I can see what a great idea that is, helps in digestion, relaxing after a long day and gets in some exercise to boot.
4. Do one exercise routine a week.
5. Eat at least one type of hearty greens a week.
I got a feeling this is a bit of an ambition list and not sure if I will keep all of them but I certainly am going to try! I know that's all I can do, and if I don't keep them all I'm not going to beat myself up. I know I'm only human and have flaws, just need to work on those when I can.