April 1st - No Fools Here!
Tuesday, March 29, 2016
Every Month I reflect on the month before and figure out where my focus will be on the next. I am shocked to say it is already going on April.
So In March I managed to maintain my new good habits which are:
- upgrading from 8 glasses of water to 10-12 depending on the day. Rest days tend to be less.
- Logging in and ledgering my food, water, exercise and doing all my app tracking.
- I have had a green smoothie every day as part of my diet (I think I started around the 6th but I have not missed one since I started). I have been eating Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a smoothie (usually for morning snack as I tend to eat a later lunch).
- only eat sugar that is from natural fruit, veggies and dairy (about 5% of my intake is added or by eating something processed).
And I have implemented a bunch more new stuff which I am still working on establishing as habit. I am almost there on most of them but just want more consistency before I actually call them habits.
So for April I will be:
- maintaining all my above habits, as always
- continuing on eating under 1500 calories (last month it was trying to stay around it, now I want to stay under it)
- my 5 weekday morning workouts - 40 minutes each day I have a 6am date with the treadmill at the gym. (I started about 2 weeks ago and have yet to make all 5 days)
- 3 out of 4 sessions of either Pilates or Body Balance per week. (Usually Mon, Thurs and Sat. but if I miss one, there's always Sunday's class)
- A nightly relaxing walk of at least 20 minutes with the pup - every single day (sometimes I slack which is not fair to her!)
- Start the "Find 10 Challenge" on Spark Challenges page under community. I am also setting myself up with an 8 week interval training challenge in my morning sessions at the gym. Ill post once I have it worked out this weekend as I will be starting it Monday.
- Continuing to work on my schedule - this tends to be a challenge as I am all good with organizing it, but not always good at following it.
- Complete 2 assessments for my class (I have 6 to go) and turn them in by May 1st.
- To find Paid work.. I have spent enough hours on work experience for my class and I want to finish my hours (I still need another 80 hours for my current class) getting paid for it.. The doggie is still incurring debt from her illness and I really just want to get it under control. That and I am dying for a visit home. 4 1/2 years is long enough!
Normally I don't put weight goals or what not on my monthly's as I don't really lose much by comparison to all my other things I do. I have a sluggish metabolism that has yet to really kick in, but I am losing weight (It's just slow, and I have had it checked. It's all good, just needs that finally bump to get it revving).
Because of this, it was quite easy to get discouraged in the past and quit soon after starting, which is why this time, I focus more on these other things than my actual loss. Yes I am losing weight, yes I see it in my waist, back and thighs, but not so much on the scale. I however want to put up a goal for all to see as extra incentive to not lose sight of my goals. I would like to hit 215 by May 1st. This means I will be below 100k's for the first time in 3+ years. And the smallest I have been since my daughter was 3 months old (She will be 18 in May.. see my reasoning?).
My biggest hurdle coming up..... We are going into colder weather here in Australia, which means I need support, as these are the months I have the hardest time coping. I will be taking my weight and measurements (which I have not done in years) on the 1st and will post an update on this blog then.