SP Premium
1,000-2,499 SparkPoints 1,297

Week 11:Day 2 (72)

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

It has been a busy week!
Last Wednesday I had my first doctor's appointment in FOREVER. It was mostly just to establish a relationship with a local doctor. My parents have their fair share of health issues and I am going to try my best to get/stay healthy. We discussed a few issues I've been having (nothing major) and my desire to lose weight. She gave me advice on things to do and what to avoid.
My vitamin D levels were extremely low, almost undetectable, and my iron was low (not nearly as low as the vit D though). So I've started taking a prescription vitamin D supplement and an OTC iron supplement. In three months I'll go back and have my blood checked again to see if there are any improvements. Other than that, everything looked good. I was so happy to see that.
On Thursday my mother was supposed to have surgery (breast reduction). I took Thursday and Friday off from work so I could be there to help my parents just after it (my dad broke his back years ago so he doesn't get around very well). I went out Wednesday evening to be there in the morning since she had to be there at 6am. We get to the surgery center with time to spare. My dad and I waited in the lobby until they called us back. They had done an EKG on my mom and "something" showed up on it. The anesthesiologist talked with her and then decided to call off the surgery after consulting with her surgeon. So her appointment with the cardiologist was today. She did the treadmill stress test and it came back abnormal so now she has to go back tomorrow for a "nuclear" test. Hopefully whatever is going on isn't terrible. My parents aren't exactly the healthiest people so every little thing gets me paranoid.
On Saturday, a childhood friend of mine got married in Georgia (I'm in Alabama). I drove two hours to my sister's house so she could do my hair and makeup. Then I drove one hour to the wedding. A dear friend of mine wasn't able to attend due to work, so I hung out with his parents before and after the ceremony. It was small and quaint, nothing fancy. I stayed long enough to see them cut the cake and then I went another 20 minutes away to see the friend who couldn't make the wedding.
After he got off work we hung out at the Mall of Georgia and ate at PF Chang's. We were there for hours just talking about random crap and catching up. I haven't seen him since he and his (ex)boyfriend broke up so we had a lot to chat about. I rarely get to see him and miss him so much and as stressed as I've been about my own relationship, it was good to have someone to talk to who gets it.
It took over three hours to get home, but I made it back before midnight central time!
I tried to track my food the best that I could. I didn't pay too much attention to it. I hopped on the scale on Sunday and saw that I didn't gain anything. I'm still hanging out at 14 pounds down. I know I need to kick it in gear.
On Sunday I officially moved into the house and out of the apartment. My cat seems to have gotten used to the house after the first night, on Monday she was running around like she owned the place. Then I tried to introduce her to the dogs. That did NOT go well. I have never heard Kashmir hiss, but she hissed at those dogs and their owner who was trying to keep them in line. But, she didn't go and hide under my bed afterwards, so I guess that's a good sign. This morning, the other roommate (not the dogs' owner) came upstairs and Kashmir actually came up to her and let her scratch her head. So I feel like she's ok with the house and the people, but it will definitely take time to get used to the dogs.
I'll be moving things over a little at a time all this week. The apartment is only 10 minutes away from the house so it's no big deal. I bought a super cute dresser that my boyfriend is helping me put together, but we broke a little dowel in the wrong hole of a panel and we're stuck trying to get that out. I need that dresser to finish moving stuff over (for storage) so hopefully we'll be able to fix it. Once I get settled, after this week, I plan to start walking in the park. Hopefully that will help me get past the 14 pound mark.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    You have been very busy.. To help with the vitamin D... Take some time.. Even just 10 minutes a day to sit outside in the sun. The sun hits your skin and produces vit D naturally.. I will keep my fingers crossed for your mom! Keep us posted!
    1662 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.