Week 4: Pool's open!
Monday, June 06, 2016
Bigger version in my photos. Down 0 lbs this week, still over 46 lb less than when I started. How am I doing on my goals?
- Weighed every day this week
- Posting my weekly blog
- Checked into SP 6 out of 7 days... really want to get better here so I can a streak going!
In the past, when the going gets tough, weighing every day has kept me focused. Like anybody, I wish I could have reported a loss this week (although according to trendweight I'm "down" 1.2 lbs). Instead of being discouraged however, I'm focusing on everything I did well:
- Swam 5 days this week. 25 minutes of lap swimming each time, pushing myself hard each day. First time in the pool in a long time, and I've got that good tingly feeling from all the back and shoulder muscles I hardly ever use. Excited for the opportunity to get better.
- No secret eating. Stuck with healthy breakfasts and lunches on my own. Hasn't always been easy for me in the past!
- Remembering, and now going through the process of writing out, that change takes time. I focus too much on the person I want to be instead of the person I am now. Whenever I make a choice, it is the only thing going on. Not who I was, not who I will be, it's the person I am right in that moment. Every healthy decision I make is me being a healthy person NOW, and it's worth celebrating. A week of healthy decisions is even more incredible! Anything in the past has already happened and is done, and doesn't have to impact the present moment or how I feel about it if I don't want to.
- Even if the scale didn't move, my body and mind did incredible work this week
Just some scattered thoughts to encourage myself and hopefully anybody reading!