Progress, one step at a time
Thursday, January 19, 2017
About 56 days ago, I decided that it was time to start taking care of myself again.
I tipped the scales at 303 lbs, and was making all kind of excuses as to why and how I managed to get up to that weight.
The truth is I am the only one responsible.
Once I stopped playing the blame game, and started taking responsibility for my own well-being, I started making some progress with how I was managing my weight.
What are the benefits of the decision I made?
• Obvious sign of progress are the 18 pounds that I am not carrying around with me anymore.
• I’m definitely being more conscious about the food that I’m eating.
• I’m feeling better about myself.
• My clothes are no longer pinching me.
• I have more energy.
• I am taking longer walks.
• I don’t huff and puff when I climb stairs.
• I am sleeping better and longer.
• I haven’t had any acid reflux in weeks.
• I am not spending money to buy lunches, coffee and snacks on a daily basis.
• I don’t graze anymore.
• I don’t feel hungry when I’m feeling emotional.
At the moment, I really can’t find anything to complain about.
Life is good!