Yesterday was a big day!
Thursday, March 23, 2017
Yesterday was my five-year anniversary at my goal weight. The best thing about it is that the healthy habits that I've adopted are now ingrained and happen all the time without thinking about it.
1. I have switched to whole wheat pasta and bread and I actually like it better than the bleached varieties.
2. 90% of the time we use olive oil instead of butter or margarine and I can't tell the difference.
3. Most sandwiches have mustard instead of mayo only the salads like chicken or tuna have mayo and it's much less
4. I don't drink soda ever or order french fries when we eat out.
5. We have grilled salmon every week.
6. I briskly walk 12,000 steps almost every day and strength train 2x a week.
7. I am aware of my portion sizes for when we eat home and we eat at home most of the time.
We went on a 10-day cruise in February and I ate a lot of high-calorie things and gained three pounds, but I have already lost them so I guess the changes I made really work! I know that there are many other things that would make my diet a lot more healthy but I know that I'm a work in progress and the changes I made already won't change back.