Health and Fitness Goals for April
Saturday, April 01, 2017
Last month my goals were:
* Keep reducing sugar and give up candy.
* Make it to the track at least once a week.
* Log off the computer by or at 11:30 pm.
How'd I do?
Crash and burn.
Seriously, it was not good. I think the only thing I succeeded in was giving up candy, but the baked goods exception just resulted in a dramatic increase of baked goods consumption.
I made it to the track once the whole month, and given the schedule at work, didn't even make it down to the fitness centre more than twice. I'm also lucky if I made it off the computer before 11:30 twice the whole month.
I'm going to be busy with Camp NaNo this month and while my work schedule is easing, it's still going to be busy. I think I'm going to try and keep my goals for April simple.
1) Track food again. I know I keep starting and stopping this, but I want to get the habit down. I'm not going to be looking at any calorie limit. I just want a month's baseline and to build the habit. (I'll be using MFP for this, since I still like their tracking better than SP, alas.)
2) Get up at the time I set my alarm. I am a snooze button master. I've got Kiwake, which is fantastic and can wake me up on the very first try, assuming I don't just go back to bed. Which I can do, when I want to. This month, I'm going to work on that, since I let it slide last month. What time I get up will depend on a lot of factors, though, so it'll just be a "no going back to bed" thing.
And I think that's all I'm going to do this month. I've got enough other things going through April that I don't want to push my luck. Especially not after March's results.